Update on the chickens. We had another fox kill. Had a hen that wanted to sit on a nest for hatching purposes--trying to be broody. We didn't put her away at night for 3-4 nights. The fox took advantage of that situation, and the chicken was gone the next morning. Mad at the fox, and mad at myself. We get so lacidaisical (sp?) about things and get caught. Another lesson learned. I am trying to be really diligent, and this just reinforces why I should be. Can't ever let your guard down.
Another thing I have been trying to do, is to get my food storage up to date and even over the amount needed. Know the extra will probably be of use for others. It takes money, but I was thinking yesterday that I make sure I have money for things that supposedly are important to me, but what would really be the most important in time of need? The new piece of furniture or food? So it is the proverbially you'll come up with the money if you really need it. I just have to move it to a high priority.
Casey turned the big 40 last week. Had a great get together at their home--a surprise to Casey thanks to Helen and her efforts. I don't see myself as the mother of a 40 yr old--but there's the proof. And I was the other party there at his birth you would think I would feel his 40 yrs. I still see myself in way like this 18 yr old at BYU. I am grateful for Casey, as for all my children. They are each special and I love them.
Just a kid at 18 yrs in 1969 at BYU
Memorial day hike along the Jordan River trail at point of the Mtn--Kay,Derek & boys, Sean, Beth, Roy, Finn and I--one of the best days in a long time. We had attended the memorial service at Camp Williams. Really nice way to remember our fallen soldiers.

No comments:
Post a Comment