Cowboy Ilean--our Grand Canyon trail ride
Thursday, June 16, 2011
FATHER'S DAY
So Father's Day is this Sunday, and I thought I would do a little tribute to the Father of my children. This is really the picture I packed around with me when I determined I liked him enough to tell people who my boyfriend was and would show them this picture. It is kind of ratty, and beat up after all the packing, but I smile when I see this. Reminds me of the kids we were, how young we were--and the guy I fell in love with. Little did I know what a great man I married. The Lord looked after me in a big way and put someone in my path to fall in love with that would be a really good man. He was then too--but how does one know much about men at 17, 18, 19 years of age. I have been greatly blessed, our children have been greatly blessed and now our grandchildren are greatly blessed. Men matter in this world, and when they do what they are suppose to (As Doug has) then things go along good. He loved God, he loved me, and he loved our children and grandchildren. So I just need to say a big THANK YOU DOUG for being a GOOD MAN. Someone I could always trust. You don't have to be perfect, but you try to live up to what you are suppose to do. I love you and always will. I think this eternal thing will be even sweeter as the years, centurys, millenia go by. Ain't it great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment