Once again I have let life happen and haven't posted anything. Today I headed back to the doctor for a follow up visit with my doctor (annual woman exam--which had been postponed for 2 years). Knew I needed to do the usual preventive maintenance, but kept putting it off. Anyway all is well, and I got some good advice on taking care of me. I found a doctor close by that uses more natural health methods (something that I really subscribe to as you all know). She has put me on a bio identical estrogen to help with my depleted and non functioning female system. (I think that was expressed very well). I have dealt with the issues of menopause for years before I finally went for some help. But thanks to a younger sister that told me that "you don't have to live with it Ilean--God put these things here to help for a reason"-- They have helped and make life better. I try to use foods and natural substances, rather than chemical additives to deal with problems. Sometimes successful, sometimes not. But generally, long term, we respond best to things that fit a normal routine and it is easier to keep doing that when it is a natural part of life, ie; eating an apple, vs going an buying an apple pectin pill. She told me that we all need to be using a Vit D supplement--in the northern hemisphere --we don't have enough of the UVB rays that the body needs. Not enough Vit D is a major contributor to depression--which Utah has a high amount of. Just passing that on for everyone to be aware of. We started our month out by taking a trip to Torroweap Point, Grand Canyon with just Doug, Sean and me. Sean finished his semester at USU and had about a week before he had to be at National Guard summer training. We headed out immediately for points South and warmer weather. We choose a good week--a lull between the storms. It was beautiful weather. We made up our trip on the fly, as Sean was late in arriving. We decided that we would visit Cove Fort and take that tour. A neat place to see, and we highly recommend that the whole family go. We planned to camp out somewhere and found a great place at Fremont Indian State Park. Camping out on a Thursday night made it so we were only 1 of a few people at the campground. We took in the museum and sites the next day, then headed to Hurricane. Checked in at Mark and Denise's where we would stay for the next 2 nights, cleaned up and headed to the St George Temple. I wanted to do a sealing session (had our own family names to do) and then visit the sealing room that Doug and I were sealed in 40 years back. So Doug , Sean, Doug, and I did a session. It was special. Then we went to the Celestial Room and the sealing room (just off the Celestial room) where we were married. I can hardly remember my sealing and wedding day--alot of blurred memories--so I guess I was going back to try and recreate it. Standing there in the room trying to remember, but not really succeeding--but I could feel the peace and Spirit that was there. We left from the temple to go over to visit with Doug and Connie Patterson, who are some old friends who recently moved to St George. Doug was one of our witnesses at our wedding, a college room mate and missionary companion of Doug's. We have kept up all these years--great people. Sean, I think, enjoyed the visit inspite of putting up with old parents discussing their pasts. Carmen, Allen, and Jill arrived from Las Vegas to also spend the night at Marks. We would leave early the next morning for Torroweap. We had taken the trip with Casey, Holly, Angie, and Beth back in 199?, and always wanted to take Beth and Sean back to see it. It is that neat of a place as all the children who have been can verify. We took the route out past Colorado City, Arizona, and the 60 miles of dirt road to the canyon edge, stopping along the way to just see different things. It was fun to be able to share this with my 2 broters and sister. We always seem to enjoy each others company--which is great.
We attended church Sunday morning Mother's Day there in Hurricane before heading back to Salt Lake. Ran into an old 2nd Ward (Las Vegas)member in that ward. Ruth and Fred Clyde. Brought some more memories flooding back. Man there is alot of water that runs under the bridge--can't stop life from going on. Did I have a life before I married and had children and grandchildren?
So I was back into fulltime grandmothering this past week--taking care of or just being around my 14. They are all great, as are our great children and their spouses. We buried the electric fence for the dogs.And after the work, the cousins devised ways to entertain themselves. The zip line became a way to "fly" through the sprinkler--pure fun. Sunday brought family dinner time and dessert get together at Melton's. Monday I watched Sophie, Hallee and Sully. Sophie attempted the zip line again with Grandma holding back the string. Miss Hallee was pretty cute as she bailed out of the tree house, catching the zip line, first with only 1 hand then the other--saying 1, 2, 3 eeeeeee--as she sailed down the line No Fear. (I was holding the string there too) She got a new pair of pink boots--courtesy of Grandma, and being shoeless (as she had left her sparkly shoes at Melton's--ones that Casey did not like). We headed to Reams and bought them Monday morning. We'll see if she gets to wear them consistently as she is being oppositional about getting potty trained. She had an accident just before Casey headed home last night, and grandma really got after her. Grandpa (aka Doug) just got home and I got to hug, kiss, and squeeze him. Makes me Smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment