Ok, so what's this about. I'm going to finally vent. But vent in the right way, I hope. Women's body display of cleavage. It's just wrong. Maybe its my growing up in Vegas, or my mother's strict adherence to modest dress or maybe my understanding about the body and the spirit it houses--but all this body showing really bothers me. I had to find a camisole to wear with my dress for the wedding reception, and I quickly figured out that there are mostly immodest camisoles. I did a google search for modest camisoles and found all these Christian women's sites. I was amazed to see how valiant they were in taking a stand against immodest clothing. I'm sure there are some Mormon ones out there too, but mostly these Christian sites. Makes me wonder why a lot of Mormon women (who I see everywhere) aren't trying to be as modest?. We should know better you would think. Even with bigger busted women, there are ways to cover up--so I am not buying that it is hard to find clothes to cover you these days. You need to work on it. The working on it really is about showing respect for your body and the spirit within. That display of reverence is shown in how we treat our body, how we dress (including be clean and neat--and no I am not the best example) is a big part of that. And how we talk about our bodies--with reverence and respect not degrading terms like boobs or whatever. Our bodies are temples, and I know God is not pleased and we offend the Spirit when we talk, or dress inappropriately. Obviously, society has downgraded, but we as women can be a source of truth and light in how we dress and act. In the future, I am going to be more cognizant of what I look like. Presentation is important and should reflect a reverence for God and all good things and especially a reverence for our bodies. !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment