Life has been happening pretty fast around here. I lay awake at night trying to think of what other details I've missed, or going over the lists of things that need to still be done and it gets me wound up. But that always seems to be my nature. If wedding isn't enough to get me stressed, then it is something else. I have other children and they have their challenges too and then Doug and I have our challenges. Health seems to be more and more of an issue--naturally-- as we get older. I have been seeing a different type of chiropractor--one that stresses putting the spine back in alignment. That has really benefited the shoulder and knee and neck. I do not have the pains that I used to as I go through these daily exercises and have a "physical therapy" session once a week. I keep Doug and I taking our "green smoothies" and other supplements daily and even trying to take walks. My improved knee is allowing that more. Doug is getting horse rides in with Sean, Jessie or friends. I haven't been in a while--know I need to, but the task master in me keeps my nose to the multiple tasks that need to be done around here for the wedding. And now, there is fruit and vegetables that need to be canned as well. I won't do much, but peaches are sure good in the winter. I find that if I stay grounded--meaning taking time to do scripture reading, morning prayer (basically a morning devotion)--then I do well to keep balanced. I am happier, have more gratitude in my heart and I seem to handle al the things that are thrown at me during any given day. The temple is very big in keeping up with life too. That is a huge balancer.
We recently completed the patio pavers--that was a huge undertaking in my mind. I guess I have fought the idea for years. Not feeling we should spend the money to do something so frivolous--grass was good, what was the big deal about stone beneath your feet?? Doug finally won out, under disguise of what would work for a wedding reception--and I have to say.....It looks great!! I love it.
Today we get to do something to just, pull back and contemplate--we (all the children and spouses) are meeting at the temple to do a session together. I thought of this in preparation for Sean and Kim's sealing in 2 weeks--kind of a spiritual preparation. It is always a special thing when we can be all together in the temple--so to do this as a prelude to that would help get our minds and spirits in tune.
I've never done this life thing before, and at times I struggle more than other times. Through it all and as I continue to live out my life, I get help when I need it from God, the only real source for help. I am also trying to learn the lessons that make life easier--to live happier and be at peace--to Trust God more, knowing it will all work out. I'm working on it. I am grateful for a companion to go through life with--Doug. We are figuring out this retirement thing. I am grateful for the priesthood he holds. There are so many times when he has been inspired to know what to do in our family situations--and I knew it came through him from God. That is powerful. How lucky to have that source of strength in my family. Our 43 wedding anniversary snuck by last week--we kind of looked at each other and said we'll take the time after this wedding to celebrate. The thick of battle was going on with the patio pavers being put down, as well as more yard work, and what not. We did go up to the Sheep Dog competition in Midway for a half day. That was fun and a way to clear our brains. We kid about our dates when we get in the car alone and head to the dump or metal recycler or Lowe's and look at each other and say--This is a Date--count it. Life is definitely good with Doug and always has been--a good, good man.
No comments:
Post a Comment