Cowboy Ilean--our Grand Canyon trail ride

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

counting my blessings

I am so blessed.  We have had so many wonderful things happen the last month, and so many people who have helped out, I would be totally ungrateful if I didn't express gratitude. We now have a new daughter in law.
 Kim Lyman joined our family Sept 21--she married Sean.  I express thanks for her silently to God many times--knowing it took an act of God to bring these 2 together.  No, she and Sean are not perfect--but we know they are good for each other.  Sean from the beginning kept expressing how comfortable he felt being around Kim, and how natural it all seemed to transition into actually getting married.  A big step for him--yet such a natural transition.  We felt that too.  Wedding preparations were begun, a yard beautified for the reception, and changes planned.  
 
We had help from all the kids to put the yard in order--thanks EVERYONE.  Dresses and ties were made for the grandkids to feel a part of the action.  Thanks for mothers who helped there.  Decorating--everyone pitched in the day of.  Lights hung--thanks Roy.   A luncheon given for about 80 people, --thanks sisters for setting up, decorating, fixing food, and serving!
 Friends, family and neighbors who came to the sealing and  reception--so very good to see all of our guests--and really was the reason we have receptions--to see and visit with these good people who have been part of our life.  It made it so special to have people join us for this occasion.  Thanks for coming.  Doug and I have finally got everything put back and decorations delivered back to their owners.  The yard hardly looks like the lit up fairy land it was.  The flowers are looking especially beautiful right now--just before the frost will come and nip everything that will close the season.  I am thankful that we had a yard to have the reception in, that it looked so very beautiful--thanks God for providing the beauty (we supplied  work)--and thankful for really pretty nice weather (inspite of some wind)--it all worked out and came together for a wonderful evening.  Even though Sean was sick--he still got married and we had a celebration--and him and Kim are off to make their own home.  Thanks for gifts people generously gave to make that transition-- making a new home that much easier. 
This past weekend was my sibling reunion.  I have been so blessed to have 8 wonderful brothers and sisters to share life with.  Our love for each other deepens through our shared pains, sorrows and joys.  These get togethers allows us to reconnect and bond--refreshing our memories and reminding us that we were born of goodly parents, and we are each trying our best to make this an eternal deal--and that we so like being around each other.   As the reunion fell on my birthday, I got some preferential treatment.  Feel pretty spoiled and loved. Thanks for loving me as your sister.  So --for all of this and more--I feel so, so  blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doug on Twinkie

Doug on Twinkie

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind