Just to bring up to date a few new happenings around the old farm yard. I inherited 6 new chickens last week and with them a new condo for chickens. Rob, who built the chicken house and had the chickens, passed away and the family wanted to have the chickens gone. They are doing a very good job of climatizing to our orchard and giving our Banty rooster some fits--he doesn't know what to do with all these hens. He is funny to watch-- fluffing his feathers and strutting around them with his feathered feet doing his dance. I guess its suppose to be attractive to the hens. We consequently now have more eggs appearing. Yeah! Last week was also spent in taking care of grand children while parents were off on a trip. I think I did an ok job of being parent to 5 for a couple of days--stressful at times. Being 60 does limit your abilities, and the nerves aren't what they used to be, or maybe it was the 6 before that destroyed all the nerves and you now have none left. But, of course, that was my choice wasn't it. Ha, ha. I have spent the first part of this week, regrouping and finishing up some projects around the house--touch up paint in the living room, new window seat cover, and of course the ironing (was major backed up). Maybe I will have some time at the end of this week to do some play , ie., go do some genealogy research. It is so nice to see some sun and blue skies--promises that Spring will come.
Maybe this is a better use of the window seat. Great entertainment! Friday, Jan 28, 2011--Emory (her baptism night, Sophie, Hallee, Lucas (non participant--but loves to be able to stand on the window seat).
No comments:
Post a Comment