Cowboy Ilean--our Grand Canyon trail ride

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Developing Faith


St George Temple 2010--St George Temple 1970

I was given an assignment to teach a Relief Society Lesson today. That of course has been on my mind throughout the week and has created stress. Today as I was hunting for a picture of a temple, I came across the picture of the St George Temple that I had stuck in my wedding album 40 years ago. I thought I would tack it up on the board--not a very good presentation, but at least it was a picture fo the temple. Then I opened up the Ensign (that I was taking part of my lesson from) and there was a picture of the St George Temple--same view--just 40 years later. Interesting. I had gone to the library ahead of church trying to find a picture of a tree--there were none that would work. So I just thought I would tell (as a visual aid) how a tree starts from a seed and grows slowly, but will eventually become big if nourished and cared for enough. Well, as I looked at the picture--the Lord showed me my visual aid. There in front of me was the difference 40 years can make for a tree. You will notice the cedar on the corner of the building--the smaller one in the right picture behind the palm tree (which is the same palm tree in the picture on the L.). Then you notice how that Cedar has grown to be almost as tall as the actual temple. Amazing ugh. I love these comparison pictures. Then and now. What analogy can I draw from this? My topic was Developing Faith through Temple Attendance. Faith is like a seed that if constantly nourished will produce results. That tree in front of the St George Temple is like the faith I have exhibited by regular temple attendance since Aug 28, 1970--40 years of spiritual growth. Little by little I have developed a stronger faith by temple attendance--just like that tree growing. My temple attendance is very much instrumental in the faith I have today. And I need to keep nourishing it for my faith to keep growing. It can die if I do not nourish it--just like the tree.

Just missing Sean and Derek, Tim and Lena Nov 6, 2010--Jordan River Parkway Trail Jordan Narrows


Jordan River --probably close to the orginal width--Mt Timpanogos in the background


We have had some wonderful family activities that brings me joy. Just yesterday we enjoyed a beautiful walk along the Jordan River. It was so fun to watch all the grandkids scooting or pedaling along with their different methods of transportation. Just to be able to enjoy each other's company was nice. Doesn't this just make you smile to have a family that just enjoys being with each other, laughing, discussing, caring, loving. Just about heaven. Which really makes the point of the temple that more meaningful. Families can be together. Love, Mom




Kay pulling the wagon with Tom, Lexie and Hallee

Doug holding Hallee, Sophie, & Grandma Eileen White came along too




Hallee, Sophie & Lexie in the wagon--needed pictures of the rest of the kids and grandkids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doug on Twinkie

Doug on Twinkie

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind