Ok--I have been in pain since last Thursday. Couldn't figure out what was going on. My right knee was bothering me again, like it sometimes does, and has for quite a few years. I knew my knee is on its way out. I went to the doctor in December for some x-rays, etc. And he basically told me what I knew, that I had very little cartilage between the knee joint to soften blows or absorb the shock when I walk, etc. Eventually I would have to have a knee replaced. So I have tried to be a little more careful with my knees, and what I do. I have always been hard on my body--seeminly always having accidents and what not. Doing lots of yard work that requires up and down and crawling around on knees, and doing weeding, etc. That's what bodies are for. So when I started having this pain Thursday, I thought--yeah--I will have to go in and have some cortisone shots in my knee at the very least to stop the pain, so I set up an appointment with a knee doctor for Tuesday. (doctors, doctors, doctors)
I guess I can't tell you what I have been going through the last 5 days. The pain was pretty bad the first couple of days and I had to use Ibuprofen. The pain wears on you a lot. But mostly I was shook up thinking about getting old, that my body is shutting down on me, and how am I going to do all that I want and need to do without being able to walk, etc. So, as I am, it has been on my mind and in my prayers--seeking answers to what I am suppose to do for medical treatment. I know enough about natural healing to know that going that route might be a way to heal it sufficiently, which doctor do I go to, and a bunch of other thoughts. I just became more and more confused in the reading I was doing. That along with the pain and worrying about taking medication (was not suppose to have any for 7 days prior to the colonoscopy (dread)--which was scheduled for the next Friday). Plus I had an appointment for a hormone evaluation with my woman doctor Monday. Tile that needed to be ripped up, painting done in the washroom prior to tiling (how could I do any work). Alot to dump on me at once. I had a priesthood blessing Saturday from Doug and Roy and was able to serve in the Temple Saturday night by doing sitting down jobs. I also availed myself of an 8:00 session that was great for some peace of mind. But the confusion lingered, with no answers of what to do. You research, and research and you just get more information but no answers. Ever had that experience. Attended church Sunday--not much peace there--when it usually does. Still nothing. Anyway--I think you get the picture.
Maybe its hard to listen when you have so many things swirling around in your mind--but this morning just prior to waking--in that half-sleep--here came the answers. It's like it was laid out the order to do things. I could call Julie Davis for this deal, and then the real answer.... "Ilean --do you remember when you went to get into the swimming pool Wednesday night and you stepped on the ladder and then missed the next step and fill into the pool--you kind of twisted your knee and you really have a damaged miniscus."
It's like the light came on. Oh. You mean my joint isn't really any worse--"You damaged a muscle, Ilean." (an important one for the knee--but still just a muscle) The pain wouldn't have shown up until the next day, and it all made sense, and all the other stuff could be dealt with as it came, because the knee was going to be okay. When you know you have your answer--it all fits and there is a peace and calm. What a neat thing, all the anxiety left almost at once.
I would treat my knee accordingly to help heal it.
But the main thing--the Lord answers our prayers. Not always how we think--but apparently for me this seems to be a way God can get through--in my "dreams". When there isn't anything else going on, and he can give me the thoughts I need. I was so grateful to have the anxiety put to rest, and to know what I needed to do--and it would all be OK. Thanks Heavenly Father. He has taught me again about faith in Him.
that is a beautiful example of how the Lord answers our prayers. Thanks mom for your strong example to your children!
ReplyDeleteIt hurts just to look at the pictures (of BOTH knees). (grimace)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you seem to have figured out the cause of all your pain, worrying is worse than the pain. Swimming pools and knees yup! that'll do it everytime, mine is still very painful after diving to save Luc. Is that Osgood-Schlatter business hereditary? Will you be going to the knee doctor on Tuesday still? Torn miniscus could still mean surgery, but minor surgery compared to knee replacement.
ReplyDelete