The problem with posting blogs, is that I think I have to gear up for it--I have to have something to say, and for sure it has to be meaningful, and, of course, I should have wonderful pictures---BUT, like anything else I shouldn't make it into such an ordeal. I think that my family would like to hear my thoughts, even when they aren't all put together, and its okay that its not cute, and pretty, etc. So one thing I have come up with is a goal. I really do like goals as I am such a result oriented person, and when I don't set them and when I'm not working toward anything, I feel like such a slug. So sitting goals keeps me on the straight and narrow--meaning my mind is engaged and happy. The goal for the blog is to write in it 2 x's a month. That may not be much to some, but it is one that will work. I also determined that as a thought came to me about what I should write on--I should write it down. Sometimes these come to me in the middle of the night, when I wake from some hormonal disturbance (that's probably the best way to describe hot flashes, night sweats, etc). [I will add that the Lord will bless me with a perfect body in the resurrection, and I can't wait] So to be thankful in all things, I can turn these disturbances into a blessing to be thankful for--ie., to be inspired with some great thought that can be shared and, who knows, be of help. Which brings me to my "great thought"....
One of my other new year's goals is to "Never speak Guile"--pretty big, but one that I know will be of great benefit to me. It requires meekness and humility--which is big in itself, and of course is "impossible" to maintain--right. I am attempting this as I saw I needed to repent--Change. Sometimes the Lord reveals ourselves to ourselves--and its not what we like to see. Not that I am terrible at speaking of others unkindly, but it does creep into my conversations at times. It just has to go.
Another thing I have been working on--is being of service. As I put myself out to serve and to do kind things for others, the Lord will help me keep a repentant attitude--meekness and humility--which leads to never speaking guile. I was reading in Mosiah 4:26--(worth reading) says that to walk guiltless before God--impart of our substance (not just physical things--but whatever we can do) to those who need. Makes me think Pres Monson's conference talk has a lot more hidden meaning than doing a good turn daily. By doing those acts of service, we are putting ourselves in a position to receive lots of hidden blessings and benefits.
Lastly, like so many of the rest of you, and thanks to Kay and Derek for showing us the light--I am working on physical fitness, and dragging Doug into it also. But its been very good to do the P90 exercise with Tony Horton. ( I know its not the extreme--but 30 minutes of mild is as good as it will be for an almost (gasp) 60 year old) Its a good all round exercise program. We are getting more limber, building muscle strength, and improving circulation, etc, etc. And there's more good too, like your mental state improves. Know many of you are very good at doing your exercise. Doug and I would prefer just plain work--but in the depths of winter and when it doesn't get above freezing for weeks on end--this "works".
On the lighter side--------Outside.....
Wasn't it fun though to see all the grandkids having fun in the snow. Had to post these great photos--for some good memories.
I think it's time to add a nice slide off of that tree house (which is more house than tree anymore). :)
ReplyDeleteGood idea Kay - and thanks Mom for posting you thoughts.
ReplyDelete