Cowboy Ilean--our Grand Canyon trail ride

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Season here Again






With Grandma and Roger's help we got the tree decorated. Grandma says this is the 1st tree she has decorated and helped pick out since Joe died--so this is memorable to her. I love our snowman welcoming people to our front door (soon to be changed for a new door).



Today Dec 5, 2009 was the day set aside to launch our Christmas season. I really try to not let it interfere with Thanksgiving--and not rush the season. This year I was ahead of the game for some reason in getting tasks such as Christmas cards and presents ordered online. I am now more or less free to do some extra fun things. So I have let myself think of some fun projects and am doing some creating. And no I am not totally ready, but I am more relaxed. I am also trying to make the gifts I give more meaningful. Sometimes that takes more time to create, but will have a deeper impact. Can't share what I'm doing, because then the surprise of the gift would be out of the bag, and lose part of the fun.
Our fun reindeer-always makes me smile--a fun creative project made years ago with Carol Ormes help. She was the whiz with Tole Painting--remember that craft name.



I appreciated the reminder Kay sent to keep the Holidays simple. Going into the stores is really a trap, because the minute you walk in, you think you have to have some of those things, when you were perfectly content before you went in. I remind myself, as I slow down, I can enjoy the simple things in life more. We really don't need much to be happy--like the article said--learning to be content. I' m working on it. Just the fact that I am sitting at the computer typing in this blog, tells me I am slowing down. Wow! I'm doing better and 2009 will be a memorable Christmas. We have a beautiful tree up and lit and decorated, the nativity lit in the front yard (isn't it beautiful Holly), and the intercom working so I can have Christmas music throughout the house. And we have family around to enjoy. What more could we want.

3 comments:

  1. ...it's the most wonderful time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we get to be around family so often, but especially around Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mom. One more piece of stuff never made anyone really happy. What really brings us joy is the love we share as a family. A tiny glimpse of heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Doug on Twinkie

Doug on Twinkie

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind