Cowboy Ilean--our Grand Canyon trail ride

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Marching On

 The title seems appropriate for my life.  I am now into my 3rd month of working with my life coach, Chantel Allen.  It has been a remarkable journey so far.  I have been amazed at the things I have learned and the progress made thus far.  And I am so happy about leaving some of my old ways behind.  What used to be my go to thinking, has been replaced with new ways of thinking about life.  It has been a prayerful venture--knowing I have needed God's help in this whole thing--and I know I have been led as well.  So how can I fail?  In fact I am discovering more of what God wants me to be, and willing to let go of false ideas.  So yeah--its all good.  

With kids still here in our home, Doug and I participate in their lives.  Yet we are doing our own things too.  I have been led by the Spirit to do things.  Like today we went and visited with Aunt Lola at Legacy House.  She is happy there.  When I was at Walmart last week they had these Hyacinth plants on sale, so I picked up several of them to give out as gifts at our St Patrick's day party.  And I picked up one extra.  So I handed them out  at the party, but still had this one extra and wondered who I should give this last one to.  The thought came to give it to Aunt Lola.  She had been on my list to go visit, and thought that would be a good fit.  So we went there today and enjoyed our visit with her with the plant well received. 

Another thought that has been on my mind is Cinthia Magahles.  A lady in our ward that I have felt a connection with but don't know much about.  So with her on my mind, I finally went over today to have a visit.  I arrived to find that she had a knee surgery last Friday and was laid up.  We visited and I saw that they could use a meal brought in.  That turned out to be my project for the afternoon--preparing a meal for her family.  Shepherd's Pie.  Had some bread I cut up and some pineapple and cookies from Sunday that were added.  

So all of these things have become more of a mantra for me now--listening to find my daily purpose and living out my life mission.  I have been guilty of "seeing beyond the mark".  I always have to do more or be more, be more perfect, do things more perfect, have things more perfect.  That is wrong.  The Lord does not expect that of me or anyone.  So without that perpetual nagging going on in my head, I can live life accepting what is as good enough.  My purpose in life as good enough. My mission in life as good enough.  I already have my purpose--I am living it now.  Day by day as I get directed of things to do.  And becoming a peaceful, happy, calm, doing good person--wherever I find it to do.  I don't have to create it on purpose unless I see the need to.  The Lord knows what I am capable of doing.  What I have done.  I am a very capable woman who has done lots of amazing things, and I am capable of doing even greater things, if that is what is required.  But for right now, I am not looking back at what was my life, but for what is ahead and the cool stuff that I will get to be a part of.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Doug on Twinkie

Doug on Twinkie

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind