So now I am officially released as a temple worker. I did my last shift Tues Am. I will miss that service, yet feel that I need to hang that up while Doug is serving in the Bishopric. Will plan on being a patron weekly. The harvest season is almost past--have a few things more to put up, but I have not been so energetic this year in getting things canned and stored. I have made some renovations on the back yard. The deck railing has been ordered. We will wait and put in the pavers next spring, Doug says. I have also put in time on Mia Love's campaign making phone calls, and putting out signs. This election is a crucial one for our country. I am feeling pretty concerned, and will plan on fasting this Sunday for our country. Mitt Romney will also receive my prayers as I feel he is part of what our country needs. I spent a day this week in dejunking old files also, and have pulled out the Fallon genealogy (feeling prompted) and focused on that again after many years. I opened up an Ancestry.com account again to do some research with, and yesterday made a trip down to the Riverton Family Search library to use their computers and programs. Excited to report I was able to put some families together and have some names to take to the temple. The Fallons, (Grandma Hazel Fallon Rogers) were all catholics--from Ireland, but here in the US pre civil war. We had all these pictures that were kept in an old fancy picture album with very few identifying names of the various fallon sisters, husbands and children. Anyway, as I have pieced together their lives over a lifetime of work and the now present work--its coming together and most interesting. Real people. So I hope they are prepared and ready to receive this. Grandma Hazel was always trying to get this Fallon genealogy done, and hadn't had much success--she must have been helping out. Then I quess I will be embarking on taking an art class--found a lady in our stake who is teaching this. Ranae across the street is taking this class and who told me about this. So we will see where this leads. Maybe I can paint the clouds and landscapes I admire. All of these various things have been in way of trying to live a more balanced life. I have had a tendency to just focus on work to be done ( there is always plenty of that) and being so responsible that I don't have time to do something enjoyable. Work first, play later thinking. But their is never any time left for play. I end up feeling more stressed and never unwinding. So I am trying to take time to recreate so I can be more emotionally healthy.
Birthday wishes, cake, cards, flowers, towels and cards.
So back to finishing this up. It has been a week of being wished happy birthday--not just 1 day. So nice of people to remember me. That always makes you feel good. It started out Wednesday with Kay coming by and bringing me some cookies and some new towels/ wash cloths, storage containers. We got to visit and spend time together. Thanks so much Kay--I needed that. Then Tamara and Paul and Lena came by--and oh my gosh brought a dozen roses and a lemon bundt cake and card. Did I feel special. Tamara always remembers my birthday--what a lady. We planned and arranged to meet and go to the temple together that night. That was super to be able to go with her and Lena and Paul. Dad was just coming down with this cold, but he managed to do an iniatory session. We did an endowment session. A wonderful evening spent with good friends and family. Then today, Dad was home trying to get over this cold--so we slept in, YEAH! till 9:00. Holly and the kids had left to go to the zoo. Had thought about going with them--but with Doug home, choose to just stay here. We had a leisurely brunch of fresh raspberries picked by me this morning in our very own berry patch, and some scrambled eggs. We just enjoyed taking our time this morning. Then Dad went back up to bed to rest, and I checked my email, and then went outside to do some work on the ditch bank that has been needing to be done all summer. It was a beautiful day--fall weather is the best. Then Doug finally came out and helped run the tractor and he decided we could take the ride up Yellow Fork--he felt well enough and wanted to get out of the house. So we loaded up Dollie ad Hildago at about 3:00 pm and headed to the canyon. The fall leaves were so beautiful as we road up the rail, a little bit of cloud cover and breeze with the sun coming out here and there to make it perfect temperature. Dollie is a good ride--she really steps out and is pretty much bullet proof. Got spooked a few times as she saw deer--they were all over up there. The confetti colored leaves that covered the ground under some of the maples and oaks was beautiful. As Doug said when I asked him how he was doing (thinking of the cold he was contending with) " I am with the woman I love and I'm doing the thing I like to do the very best (riding horses)--I'm doing super." Being with the man I love and sharing this ride with him made my birthday just that more special. I try to get up to yellow fork at this time of the year just so I can see the fall foliage from horseback. Wish I could have a video of the whole ride to replay from time to time. Carol Orme brought me over a loaf of sweet bread while we were gone. Felt, wow, what a wonderful neighbor. She is definitely better at this than I have ever been at remembering birthdays. Then we loaded up Bruce, Holly and the kids and went to Zuppas for dinner. And now Doug is watching the BYU game. So for a pretty complete day, this is about it. I am so dang lucky and blessed--if I was any luckier (as the saying goes) there would have to be two of me, right? Not so bad turning 62.
No comments:
Post a Comment