Cowboy Ilean--our Grand Canyon trail ride

Monday, May 7, 2012

New Grass on the Field

So the title comes from the song "Put me in Coach"  by Dan Folgenberg ??-- Great fun song with lots of energy.  We finished putting the new sod down last Friday thanks to Beth and Roy and Bruce and Holly.  Doug and I took more of a back seat--that stuff is heavy.  Sure looks wonderful--just sit in the back yard watching the grass grow now.  I also look at all the weeding to be done --spring cleanup has been drug out way too long.  Have had some health challenges this week--been a source of concern, but I imagine we'll figure it all out. Makes me extremely tired--so have been getting extra naps during the day.  I am substituting for someone at the temple tonight--will need to clean up and get ready soon.

The temple experience last night was just what I needed.  Totally lifted my spirit and put me in the correct frame of mind.  So grateful.  I am heading down to BYU this morning to pick up Mom's completed histories and to actually see the finished product.  Excited to see how it all turned out.


So the history is exactly how I hoped it would turn out.  Am pleased with the finished result, and think others will be too.  Especially my Mom when she gets to see it some day after the resurrection I suppose.  That seems hard to imagine but is something we are all hoping for and believing in. 
I will add a few other pictures. Enjoyed the day at Red Butte Gardens with Holly, Casey & Helen, Eileen and kids. 


  What a beautiful view of the valley from up there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doug on Twinkie

Doug on Twinkie

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind