So this is the addendum to Top Dog. You are probably wondering what all the emails are about that I sent, and how come the blog looks find --yada yada--etc. The blog posting was an exercise in frustration this morning. I will quickly outline it all--and not waste any more time on this thing. But I am posting this because there obviously has to be a lesson learned in the negative. So I just get through writing about how you have to focus on the postive instead of the negative. Usually the writing part of a blog is the most time consuming--felt good about what I had shared and then the real test happened. I tried to download a picture. It wasn't going to happen. blogspot apparently was experiencing technical difficulty, and that translated into technical difficulty on my end, trying to figure out if it was me who was doing it wrong. After quite a while trying one thing or another (too many) I gave up on uploading a picture. Then I tried to convert this picture into a jpeg file. I scanned it and it came up as a pdf file instead. So then I had to figure out how to scan it as a jpeg file. I called Ranae across the street and she came over and gave me a brief printer tutorial, and we visited. I succeeded in putting the picture in as a jpeg file. Then back to trying to download that picture to Blogspot. Didn't happen. I guess I wasn't sure if it was my computer or blogspot, because my computer's USB parts are not functioning very well--so I didn't know. Finally I figured it out that it is the website all along and decided to just publish the written post without the pictures and send an email with the pictures attached. That's when I found out that the camera's batteries were low, so I had to recharge them. I got 2 pictures downloaded on the email I sent, and when it came over in the email to me, I found out that I had attached the wrong picture (all because I couldn't view them). So then it was trying to figure out where the right picture was. Finally! (after messing around with the camera) I find that the picture is right there, but not in numerical order! Deep breath. Let's get back on the computer and try once again to forward the correct pictures. One more attempt--maybe you have uncovered those emails??I think I will check back on blogspot one more time--quess what--it's up and operational again. I attempt to put on the pictures. YEAH! they actually attach, and it even looks as it suppose to. WOW. POST and you're finally done. Only 3 hrs later, but what the heck, I really didn't have anything to do today (wrong). I'm frustrated enough to actually write another post--just so I can vent. BUT--it really is all about looking for the positive. I have been laughing about this as I have shared with Holly, Doug and now here. Can you believe how life can dump on you at times? It does.
No comments:
Post a Comment