I will add our pictures of the Halloween extravaganza--the bonfire surely made it that. (will have to look at the other blogs for those pictures) Was a little concerned about the floating hot ash coming down on something that could catch fire, and that the fire department would show up from this hugh flame. I know that making these memories are special, that they will and do mean something to the grandchildren, children and us. How many of these memories do you need to make to have it make a difference in these young children's life?--the feeling of love and family and sometimes the spiritual feelings and love of God.--That it will be so imprinted on our souls that we would never want to be without that family connection where you feel so loved and secure, and work to keep ourselves qualified to be with the family eternally.
I have been writing my Mom's history-a monumental task. I am now up to 68 pgs and counting. A life of 90 years and about 50 journals that I need to go through and condense, abridge into a readable story. A story that will reflect who my mother really was and is, one that will give succeeding generations a picture of who she was, and a story that will hopefully leave the person better off for reading it and feeling connected to her, and wanting to draw closer to God (my parents ultimate wish for all the family chairs to be filled when we sit down in the Eternal worlds--being able to live with God). Yeah--kind of impossible by myself. I have though felt her help along with God's who wants us to tell our stories of our lives. We can help each other along our road of life, especially if we've been there and done that and can leave behind clues of how to deal with things that will give us the end goal of living as Eternal families in God's presence.
In her journal there are pictures of family gatherings just like these ones of our Halloween party. And I can think back to those moments and vaguely remember the security and love I felt being with my whole family, and that hopefully everyone felt being there. We were all present then. Sadly, now there are some of those same individuals that have made or are making wrong choices that will put them without a chair. They have chosen (for the time being anyway) to lose faith in God. That's what it really boils down to. Can we maintain a belief in God in the face of so many things that create doubt. Can we choose to believe even when it doesn't look real? To see the unseen.
It does boil down to a Trust in God, that these children, born under the covenant will have their eyes reopened --again claim their chair. That is what we all get to do--hold our place by developing faith in God and keep building on that Faith. My mother was a good example of staying faithful to God. She had her struggles as I read through and knew of some of them--but she choose wisely.
For the time being I want to continue to hold faithful myself, and then do all I can to build love, faith, and security for my children, grandchildren and suceeding generations. I want a full house of chairs occupied --not empty. I willl believe that will be so even when at times the picture starts to get dim (kind of like Back to the Future and looking at the photograph of the family and individuals fading from view). We can always be a forever family--what a wonderful happy thought. Eternal Halloween parties.
Sean took the time to have Lucas help him do some car
work--something Lucas will always remember. Thanks Sean for being so thoughtful and aware of Lucas's desires to be grown up.
No comments:
Post a Comment