MY RESURRECTED CHICKEN--NOTICE HER TOES--THEY MAY NEVER STRAIGHTEN--PART OF HER BACK INJURY FROM THE FOX? ATTACK I THINK
This week I got another ozone shot in my knee. I feel that this is working and will give me a newer knee anyway. The extra expense of paying for this non-insured procedure has created a little anxiety on my part, as it has kind of cratered the budget. So Monday night I kind of vented my feelings, frustration, and worry, amid tears, to Doug. (mabye it's just feeling out of control) He agreed that he would be more on board with helping me on our budget. Anytime I resort to tears, it concerns Doug --even though I don't want to add to his stress--sometimes that is the only thing that will relieve the stress. The next morning I was reading in the new Ensign a story that came out of no where to teach me about the Lord and his love for us. In "The Saviour's Compassion" the author gives insight to the incident where Peter is instructed by the Savior to cast his nets out into the Sea of Galilee to fish, even though they had already tried without any luck. This time they moved to a different spot and retrieved not only a boat load but 2 boat loads. He suggests that this miracle wasn't just to show that Jesus knew where fish were, but that it was a way for the huge catch of fish to provide a living and sustenance for the families of the not yet called apostles Peter and James. It would be enough to provide for a year or two. This would have been very important as the breadwinners of their families would be tied up in service as disciples of Christ and unable to provide for their families. Jesus knew ahead of time what would be needed. What a great story. I know that I can trust in the Lord to provide. It does take faith at times, wondering where the next meal, or batch of bread will come from. I keep getting reminded about the story of my grandparents teaching my Dad faith, when he went out to the west desert and came across a lost herd of sheep that was then returned to the owner, providing some sheep and money for the family. Then my grandfather's response, "See, the Lord always provides". I guess even in our day and age of abundance, we are relearning this principle, and learning to trust in the Lord--developing our faith through various circumstances. I can tell that I have developed greater faith, because I can calm down easier. I guess we all like to see our lives totally in control, that we have somehow created, by our ability to produce income, care for our needs, working hard to provide, using our great knowledge to be on top of life, and any other numerous ways that we think somehow we are in charge. It really is a falacy, a mirage. It can all be taken away in an instant--our health, our money, our roof over our heads. The only security really is God. That obviously should keep us pretty humble, and grateful. But, in the story, God loves us and wants to provide for our needs. He knows ahead of time what we will need, and is working to bring it about. Can we just be patient and trust him now?
PS--my one chicken that was hurt, and thought would die, is coming along and getting around very well by herself. Another tender mercy of the Lord in my behalf. STAY TUNED: DEER DROPPINGS ON OUR FRONT LAWN. WE
USED THE PELLET GUN TO DRIVE THEM OFF LAST NIGHT HOPING TO GET A HIT.
never a dull moment in life :)
ReplyDelete