I have been wanting to get on and post something. Have been glad to see the kids posting things in their lives, and I am tickled to read their posts and be a part of their lives through their accounts. So I should post something too, huh? But then I think is there really anything meaningful going on? I guess there is in the sense that life is happening to all of us--this earthly existence that we are here to learn from. I could share about a variety of thing today.
My temple service is approaching the 1 year mark, and I was telling Doug that finally after almost 1 year I am coming to appreciate the time I spend in the temple as a receptionist. Most of the time I do a lot of standing by myself waiting and only directing traffic sporadically as the patrons come and go. Of course this can vary on the volume of patrons from week to week and hour to hour. For the last month I have been on the upper floors of the temple, where it is especially quieter. Since serving I have been able to notice, of course, the number of patrons who visit the temple. Most of the time the volume is very light (especially as the Jordan River Temple can handle such large volumes). That was a source of consternation (is that the right word?) for me. Feeling like the Lord must be so bothered that the Temple isn't busting at the seams, and I would sure like to be busier doing something here--wasting my time when people aren't here to use the Temple. So you get the drift. Well, finally after a year of service I am finally figuring out that its ok to not be busy all the time, that I can do nothing and its alright. I am recognizing the spirit that prevades the temple, and the great feeling that brings. In other words, its taken me time to finally unwind enough to appreciate being there--no matter if I'm busy or not. This seems to be a common theme to my life ugh ( as you can see from past posts)--but I guess I am figuring it out, and that's what life is about.
We had a fun play last night for FHE--a play put on by Hank, Jack, Emory and Lucas about Naaman and the prophet Elisha--the Bible story . (was in the Friend magazine) So we had fun putting that on and seeing the great acting taking place with my grandchildren. We had props, and a curtain and even Elisha's house (the playhouse outside and where we held the play). Of course we didn't have much of an audience since the parents were pulling the curtains (hung from the swingset) and changing costumes (each person had a couple of parts) and helping them with their parts. But it was dang cute to watch Lucas yell out (loud so we could hear) that he could help Naaman get rid of his leporsy. Jack was a good naarator (since he could read best)but really liked being the King of Israel. Emory was dressed beautifully as the girl servant of Naaman--and had her part memorized as she told Naaman he could be healed by a prophet. Hank protrayed Naaman very well, and didn't mind having tape spots on his body to represent the leprosy, which he took off after he dipped himself in the Jordan River (the blue slip n slide being swished by Emory and Jack) seven times. Anyway it was all pretty caotic, and it was made up as we went--but all in all it was great fun for the kids and us watching. They all took a curtain call and bowed at the end. And of course because we were all trying to make it happen, no one took pictures. What!!!! Maybe we can get them to do a repeat performance for the rest of the family.
The Meekness title comes from me figuring out one more time that if I adopt that attitude, I can get rid of hurt and anger and whatever has me all in a huff, as Kay and Holly witnessed yesterday. Mad over a seeming offense by a scouting family. So what. As I sit and write about it this morning, it is amazing to me how distraught it made me yesterday. And by just changing my attitude, all is right with the world again. I was the one that chose poorly yesterday to be hurt and frustrated. So glad that we can change though, and I don't have to go through another day with all that hurt, anger, self-pity. Glad that I can turn to the source of all good and by seeking to turn and wanting to change He helps to bring that change of heart and spirit. The sun will come out tomorrow--Isn't life wonderful and good.
Just Tom and Grandpa taking a nap in the shade. Ain't Life good.
Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI understand what you're talking about, choosing not to be offended - after our two police visits. I stayed up till 4 am crying and mad the last time. We rely on the Lord to understand our hurt...then we forgive.
Me too mom...after someone told Roy that I should cut back the fatty foods because I was already showing...ouch. But there is too much to already worry about than to add offense to the list. Life is good and we can make what we can of it no matter the people or the situations. It seems we are all learning that lesson recently.
ReplyDelete