Sunday March 22, 2026
Have been working for the last few weeks on Spring cleanup in the yard. It is looking so much better and yes even pretty. Daffodils and other flowers are blooming, leaves coming out, grass greening and more. I have wondered somewhat about that--why I love to have a beautiful yard? Why is that important to me? I think it goes deeper than just cleanliness or eye pleasing. I think it has to do with drawing closer to God and what God's world is like. The affinity towards all things beautiful, good, light and more. Maybe my trying to create beauty in my world is a type of what world God lives in and what type of world I want to live in and why I try to create beauty around me. I love being around God like things.
We seem to battle the downward pull of the world all the time in our quest to create beauty within our self and our surroundings. The weeds, pests, poor soil, lack of water, our own laziness, procrastinations, physical limitations, incorrect thinking, irresponsibility--so many things to battle to create our perfect God-like worlds. I know that as I work to be inharmony with what God's world is like, what He is like--I am more at peace. Why I enter a clean, uncluttered room and feel calmer. Why I look at the flowers and plants growing among a neat, weed free bed and feel joy. Why when I am kind and loving to others, I feel peace and happiness. And when I present "my most god-like world" to others, through-- a beautiful yard; my calm, loving, full of faith nature; my neat, organized, dustless, tastefully and beautifully decorated home--then I get to show God to others working through me. Point them to Him--the source of all things beautiful. He is my source of light and truth and good and beautiful, and I am showing that as I live more Godlike and have that peace and happiness radiate from me, maybe they will desire that too. They can have all things good and beautiful, light and truth--if they want. I am grateful that I have opportunities to improve and in turn pass on any goodness that comes from God through me to others. It brings me joy. I wish I could have figured this out so much sooner in life--but I guess that is ok--God gives us grace and time to figure things out. I can give that grace to others to figure it out for themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment