I have some time today (Sunday) to do a post. Have been in a little bit of a melancholy mood. Think it has to do with reading some of my dad's journal entries in preparation for my Family History Sunday School class, as well as sending Sean back up to Logan (missing out on Sunday Easter time). I was reading my Dad's entry of how much he was missing his kids, especially Ellen (his youngest daughter) and how homesick he could get over his children. I must be so much like him. I can get teared up over things like that too. And I don't really have any excuse, because they (children) all live pretty close. I know that some separations will inevitably come in the future and that starts getting me wound up. Also it was my's Dad's birthday this past week. So ...... All right--let's get over it and look for all the happy things now. We had a wonderful easter egg hunt here at the house yesterday. Perfect weather and fun times. The zip line performed admirably and the kids could spread out over the 1.25 acres, we had time to visit with each other and enjoy our association. My family is the group of people I enjoy spending time with the most. Doug had an opportunity to take a horse ride to the west desert with Randy, that he just couldn't pass up--so he wasn't there--but we carried on.

Picnic Lunch in the wonderful sunshine prior to the egg hunt.
Sandbox and Swing set--popular still--Hank, Tom, and Finn
Zip Line Fun--The youngest grandchildren discoverd how much fun it was.
Waiting around for the eggs to be hid, this year by the older grandkids.
Last week we finished up the bathroom and it is now a very beautiful thing. Plus we got to go to Hallee's birthday dinner at a Pizza place--had bluegrass music and enjoyed being with our family there. Had had lunch with Casey earlier in the day, then Doug and I went and moved about 30 wheel barrows full of dirt for a service to a lady in our ward (a rental property she had). We got to meet some really nice neighbors at the house we were working at. It's always interesting how these fun little things happen when you least expect them, and when you are busy doing other things. I think they are tender mercies from God, when you need an uplift. And that's what they provided when they came over to the fence to visit with us while we were working away --getting worn down--then they come and brighten your day and lighten your load. The Lord always Provides--as Dad used to say and I'm sure is still letting us know. So don't get discouraged, just look around. I must have been feeling something at the Pizza place--I stopped to visit with a family there who had a little 3 yr old who had cerebral palsy--A sweet spirit with a beautiful smile. Just noticing them and talking with them, --putting myself out --lifted my spirit and I think lifted them. We get caught in the doldrums of going through the motions of our life and it takes someone else alot of times to help us see how special we are--that God uses us each to lift and help each other in our various ways. I was amazed at this grandmother who was holding and caring for this little 3yr old girl, and when I took the time to recognize her--that made the Grandmother happy, the little girl happy--that maybe someone was aware of their suffering, and pain--just like the neighbors at the place we were moving the dirt. It took me writing this blog to put all this into words--up to now it had just been feelings I had. Doug had agreed to this service, and I came along to help. When I saw the amount of work it would require, I of course am good at grumbling. Doug reminded me that service is service and we were lucky to be able to help out. I could see the wisdom in his words eventually. Glad Doug has such a generous spirit--my better half.

Just sitting around enjoying the sun--notice Tillman with his "basket" helmet, shield and sword.
Baby Meg and Grandma Ilean
My children are good examples to me, as well as Doug. They each are trying to be good people--I am grateful for the opportunity I had to be their mother. I look forward to eons of time to be together forever that a loving Heavenly Father has made possible--his plan of happiness. And, of course, thanks to my Saviour who made it work. I read a good analogy in our RS newsletter--About all these "dead" bulbs we plant in the ground with a belief that they will come to life again. And Spring comes and we see the green shoots poking out of the ground and pretty soon, beautiful colors. God has given us a type in creation for the resurrection and rebirth we all will experience. All the winter deadness will soon erupt with life. Happy Easter! Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment