Cowboy Ilean--our Grand Canyon trail ride

Friday, March 2, 2012

March 3

So we sent Sean off this morning for Korea. We had a nice experience last night having son in laws here to help give him a priesthood blessing. It was sweet. Am grateful that children will come to send one another away with love and support. Grateful for Doug and the priesthood he holds--for the good righteous man he has been. How did I know?  Today we woke to more snow. The most we have had all winter. So got Bruce and, Holly and kids out to help shovel. It was such a beautiful day with blue skies and sunshine. Really enjoyed being outside. I puttered around the house doing various things, including trying to clean out my directory drawer. So I sat down to type my address list onto Excel--trying to practice some of the things I learned at the excel seminar I attended Wednesday. Most of it was way over my head, but I tried to hang in there. Of course, where do I use excel that much anyway to practice it?  I finished sewing up a skirt, and changing over a blouse--now have an easter outfit. Makes me happy to do something creative like that, and I have something nice to show for the work.
I have felt prompted to pursue helping Mia Love, who is running as a Republican candidate for the new congressional 4th disctrict. So I started stirring the pot, and started talking to people and suggested that we need a house meeting where people can meet her. I have found that I am a good instigator--get the ball rolling person when I want to. So anyway we have a meeting set up--Thursday March 8 at the home of Dave and Jackie Jenkins.  I have been contacting everyone I know to invite them to come meet her. The caucus is the week after where the Republican candidate will more or less be decided. I will probably present myself as a delegate to the state convention to vote for Mia Love. We'll see what happens. I remember how politically active my parents were, particularly my Dad.  He felt so strongly about the cause of freedom and right and wrong, and his love for our country. That has obviously rubbed off. I find myself feeling too responsible at times. Like I have to be involved. Which isn't a bad thing, but I try to take too much on myself at times. So I try to balance all this. When we lived in Colorado, another caucus state, Doug and I really got involved in trying to get a really good man, Sam Zakem elected there. I did all I could, but we were not successful. Colorado is such a liberal state--not a lot of common sense there. It is nice, as Doug says, to be in a state where a lot of people share your views.
 I don't have any pictures to share this time. I need to remember about capturing the moments in our lives. Oh I guess there is one more thing I will add.  I am going to put some vinyl words on the door to the garage--going out.  "See the Good in the World".  I want to make that my motto, and recognize that God is over and under all this messed up world. And no matter how bad things look in our government, our community, etc--there is far more good than bad--letting you know that He really is in charge and is trying to let us know He is aware of all this mess, but he is choosing to let the world continue. Of course, that doens't excuse us from being a part of the solution, and trying to make this world a better place, working to promote good--which we all need to be a part of.  But I'm sure He wants us all to go about it in a peaceful, calm way, even if it looks like the "sky is falling".  Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. First read this post thinking you were puting the vinyl lettering on the actual garage, roll-up, door. Haha! Love that idea. :)See? I can see good in the world. :D

    Love your posts Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Doug on Twinkie

Doug on Twinkie

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind