Cowboy Ilean--our Grand Canyon trail ride

Monday, May 3, 2010

In Thankfulness

Just a simple post this morning. We had fast day yesterday, and all the various problems, issues, etc were added to our fast. Each of my children had there own unique problems. As a mother this can add up in your mind and you begin to absorb all of the children's problems. You hurt where they hurt, you worry where they worry. This didn't end when they married--just grew. And the grandchildren add yet another dimension. But in spite of this, I was thinking this morning about how blessed I am, and how blessed is my family (of which I am a part). I get to participate in their joy (which is really my joy) too. So I just had to jot down some of the things I was grateful for this morning.
I am grateful that Casey and Helen came out to watch Kay and Derek' kids Saturday and did it so unselfishly (and for the rest of the children that have and will participate in this joint effort of helping Kay out at this time). I am grateful for children that care for each other and for oportunities such as this for them to show and practice care, love, empathy, etc for each other. It has been shown in so many ways this week. The dinner they threw for Sean on Tuesday night--they didn't need Doug and I to have a get together with each other in way of showing Sean love, helping Mike and Angie in getting packed up--you get the idea.
I am thankful that Bruce was able to have an interview with the New York Times, to have a ride in a helicopter over the Chiappas site, to have nice things said to him by his old advisors, for children protected,.......I see that even inspite of the not so good things like the heat, no job, etc there are so many myriad of things that the Lord blesses them with.
I am thankful that Mike and Angie have an opportunity to move--for a house that sold, that they are surrounded by family that care for them and willing to help out when the chips are down. Like when the truck broke down and Roy stepped in and went and helped retrieve it and bring it back to Denny's for repair. Then what a blessing Sean's truck is already. Just barely left for basic on Friday morning and his truck was needed to supplement Mike's transportation needs. I am thankful for a son who said to use the truck however it needs to be used--for his unselfishness. I am thankful that Beth would go over so willingly to help pack.
I am thankful that Kay and Derek have been blessed to have a place for Derek to be and for there to be sufficient income for their needs. I am thankful for a sweet sister in Georgia who took Sean in and fed him Sunday and provided a ride back to the hotel, after he got stuck in Atlanta--who cared for him when I wasn't there to care for him. You can see that I am greatly blessed for I have been able to see all these little miracles played out within my own family. What Joy is Mine.

1 comment:

  1. Family is a beautiful thing...perhaps a glance into what enternity will hold for us!

    ReplyDelete

Doug on Twinkie

Doug on Twinkie

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind