Cowboy Ilean--our Grand Canyon trail ride

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Always something good

Decided that the snowman would now be a Leprechaun in honor of St patrick's Day. Made a green vest and put some shamrocks in his basket.


I have been thinking this morning how there is always something good and beautiful. No matter how sad, or bad the world becomes--there is always, underlying, the good and the beautiful. That lets me know that God is in the world still, and still in charge, that good will prevail and we only have to look for it, or create it. That "the world is so full of a number of things, I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings." or "the world is neither heaven nor hell, but only how we make it" . So I was thinking as I created these fun happy things, I am creating my own heaven, and that being here on earth can be a heaven if I make it so.

Planted some heirloom tomatoe seeds. An early start on the garden. We can have tomatoes by June, instead of July or August. Yeah! a fun project. Went to a seed starting class taught by 2 ladies who own a business called Late Bloomin Heirlooms They sell their produce to restaurants, and farmer's markets, plus plants to gardeners. And Holly--maybe your final bloom of the season from your Christmas Cactus. My Easter cactus still doesn't have any blooms started. I hope. Easter is still about a month of way. Anyway, isn't it pretty. Glad that it gave another bloom for us.

1 comment:

Doug on Twinkie

Doug on Twinkie

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind

On the way out--Ilean--Doug right behind